Monday, December 19, 2011

Lombok's Getaway - Episode 2

The jetty connecting the boats to Gili Trawangan.
The boat which I took for the ride to Gili Trawangan swaying left and right then back and fort. For some people whose not get use to with the sea wave might end up vomiting. :D

After 15 minutes or so, the boat getting nearer to Gili Trawangan. I notice from a far the greyish-white sand and beautiful beaches decorated with the green trees and colorful boats.


The welcoming gate of Gili Trawangan.

Arrived at Gili Trawangan at around 2 p.m., I went straight to a Diving Shop where I suppose to meet the owner of missing boat. I better skip this boring working part and continue to the fun parts. :-D
 

Sunset on the western part of Gili Trawangan
The work day 1, finished around 5 p.m. Darn it..! Just realize that the golden hours was on the show.


I immediately, took the Cidomo, a 4 wheel cart with one or 2 horses pulling. Then, my instinct told me that the place I have to be is the western part of the island of course, to capture the sunset...!


Sunset on the western part of Gili Trawangan.
Lucky me, the sunset was still high. I was speechless, witnessing the majestic reddish-orange sky met a clear greenish blue sea. I have to admit that the sunset here is one of the best sunset I've ever seen.

Many people gathered in this western part of the island to capture the astonishing sunset. Although it was a bit cloudy, the beauty still could not be hidden.

Sunset on the western part of Gili Trawangan.
I took hundreds of frame like crazy with my HTC EVO4G during this golden moment. Some good, some blur but all of them were beautifully incredible (it's just me saying heheheh).

After spent sometimes enjoying the sunset, the sky is getting dark. But the nuance of the sunset still lingering on the farthest horizon.


Instead of taking Cidomo, I decided to walk along the beach back to the location of motels/cottages. The warm sands and the cool see water created unexplainable sensation.

The sea water was so clear that we can see algae, corals with just naked eyes. I reckon that this due to the location of the island that so far from pollution.

During my walk searching for motel to stay overnight, I took some photos and the result is quite awesome. Although the sun was no longer there, but the radiance of its ray made a unique colors to the sky.

Silhouette of Traditional hut just after the sunset.
After a few minutes walked, I found my self in front of traditional hut, with a magnificent sea view. The hut apparently belongs to Blue Corral Cottage, which then I decided to get a room there. With only Rp.250.000 c.a. USD.27, I enjoyed an air-conditioned spacious room with shower and free breakfast and free wifi...!

I ended the day with leyeh-leyeh in the sea-view hut, ate Quattro Formaghi Pizza and mix fruit for dinner and enjoy the cool sea breeze.

End of Episode 2.

4 comments:

  1. nice bung, saya tau komunitas fotodroid saat pictfest kemaren, dan terpukau, karena saya masih newbi pake andrroid malu deh buat nanya-nanya...

    mau nanya nih oms, aplikasi android yang dipake tu apa aja ya, biar bisa menghasilkan foto" yg bagus gt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks tege atas komennya.

    Kalo untuk kamera, saya biasa pake aplikasi kamera standar bawaan, kalo beberapa teman ada yg pake camera360, littlephoto, magichour dll.

    Untuk editing, bisa pake picsay,picsin, pixl-o-matic, hdr camera dll.

    yuk segera gabung ke milis dengan kirim email kosong ke fotodroids+subscribe@googlegroups.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. halo bang Ritchie... foto-2nya kereeen, apalagi liat foto-2 Lombok ini, ngiriiiii... Desember lalu aku ke Lombok juga (Senggigi, Gili Nanggu n Gili Trawangan), tapi foto-2nya ga sekeren foto2 abang, hehe...

    Pas di PicFest kmaren, aku mampir ke booth fotodroids, cuma baru hari ini keingetan utk follow twitter and join milisnya (pls approve yaa join milisnya ya. ma kasih :)).

    O ya, salam kenal, bang ^^

    -yati-
    http://yatirido.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam kenal Sista Yati,
    terima kasih atas kunjunganya....

    ReplyDelete