Thursday, December 22, 2011

Lombok's Getaway - Episode 3

The dawn was finally there. I still recalled my good night sleep was interrupted by the shutting down of power from the one and only PLN's Power Generator in the island. Yes, later on, according to the cottage manage, there is only one unit of Generator to light up the entire island.Thus, the local residence and the cottage owners must prepare the small generator on their own.

As if the I was in a hurry, I jumped off the bed, had my morning ritual and prepare my HTC Evo4G for early morning sunrise hunting.

Lucky me...! The sun was on its way to say the world. I speed up my steps to the eastern part of the island, which is only 5 minutes walking. And there it was. The majestic Mount Rinjani with a ray of rising sun. Astonishing, mesmerizing, breath-taking, all the words could not describe the sensation I felt.

The warm sun ray, the cool sea water, the clear majestic sky. All become a part of me I won't let go.


After enjoying the sunrise, I took a walk further to round the island. The people activities has begun. Cleaning the restaurants and bars. Arranging beach chairs. Many people in the island working in the Lombok mainland. This goes vice versa. Therefore, the wooden boats already going here and there since the break of the dawn.


Perempuan Tangguh Gili Trawangan
There was no motor vehicle allowed in the three Gilis. the main transportation mean are bicycles and cidomo (horse-pulled cart). Watching children go to school and others people activities just make the morning so joyful.

Perempuan Tangguh Gili Trawangan


And there was a extraordinary view of several women carrying bags of sand from the wooden boat to the shore. Apparently they are usual labor in the island to carry cargoes from the boats to the shore. I took some picture of them. Later on this picture won local contest of #simPATIPictFest.

Bersiap Menjala
After satisfying my self with the beach-walking and taking a lot of photos, I walked back to the cottage, had breakfast and prepare for check out.

I have another appointment in Lombok mainland and have to say good by to Gili Trawangan.


End of Episode 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment